18 Jun Capital Projects Engineer
Capital Projects Engineer
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. We are an environmentally-friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. We anticipate our fourth mill, in Old Town, Maine, will reopen in 2019. We are proud of our over 1,300 dedicated employees, who together produce 1.1 million metric tons of paper annually.
We are looking to add top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and competitive compensation. We are currently seeking a Capital Projects Engineer to assist with major capital projects while meeting specific metrics.
- The Capital Projects Engineer will work with a team to plan, budget, and manage major capital projects while maintaining a safe work environment, and complying with all environmental policies and regulations.
- Maintain, continuously enhance & communicate standard processes utilized in capital delivery.
- Provide Engineering support for capital, major repair and maintenance modifications, to include general engineering support for operations, and maintenance as needed.
- Identify potential cost savings, process optimization, and equipment upgrades facility-wide.
- Work with operations and maintenance in creating upcoming capital and major repair budgets.
- Must have 3+ years’ experience in Engineering and capital projects in the Paper & Pulp industry
- B.S. Engineering
- Must have construction management experience which includes project metrics, scheduling and construct-ability.
- Must have experience and ability to develop bid packages, contract development and vendor selection.
- Strong project management skills to include scope, budget, and schedule development and control, appropriate delegation of responsibilities, and ability to hold team members accountable for activities, while maintaining project administrative responsibilities.
- Excellent written and oral communications, interpersonal and organization skills required for the development and justification of project authorization documents.
- Ability to function well within a team environment.
- Must have strong time management skills, and prioritize multiple interests in the execution of an aggressive capital plan.
- Successful candidate will be a motivated, self-starter, capable of utilizing multiple resources to achieve well defined objectives.
- Must model ND Paper’s values and achieve results through safe work practices, cross-functional participation, manufacturing excellence, integrity and respect for others.