29 Nov Capital/Construction Project Manager (Rumford, Maine)
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. ND Paper is an environmentally friendly company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron, Wisconsin are fully-integrated paper and pulp mills with approximately 1,000 employees and the capacity to produce 890,000 metric tons of paper annually.
We are looking to add top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and competitive compensation. We are currently seeking an experienced Capital / Construction Project Manager to…
- Plan, budget, manage and implement capital and major repair projects while maintaining a safe work environment, and complying with all environmental policies and regulations.
- Provide Engineering support for capital, major repair and maintenance modifications, to include general engineering support for operations, and maintenance as needed.
- Manage and lead project teams consisting of operations, maintenance, process control, all engineering disciplines, environmental, consultants, vendors, suppliers, contractors, and others.
- Identify potential cost savings, process optimization, and equipment upgrades facility-wide.
- Work with operations and maintenance in creating upcoming capital and major repair budgets.
- B.S. Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience in Engineering and Project Management in Pulp & Paper
- Must have construction management experience which includes project metrics, scheduling and constructability.
- Must have experience and ability to develop bid packages, contract development and vendor selection.
- Must have strong project management skills to include scope, budget, and schedule development and control, appropriate delegation of responsibilities, and ability to hold team members accountable for activities, while maintaining project administrative responsibilities.
- Must have excellent written and oral communications, interpersonal and organization skills required for the development and justification of project authorization documents.
- Must function well within a team environment, and assume team leadership position.
- Must have strong time management skills, and prioritize multiple interests in the execution of an aggressive capital plan.
- Successful candidate will be a motivated, self-starter, capable of utilizing multiple resources to achieve well defined objectives.
- Must model ND Paper’s values and achieve results through safe work practices, cross-functional participation, manufacturing excellence, integrity and respect for others.