30 Nov Associate Buyer (Oakbrook Terrace, IL)
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. ND Paper is an environmentally friendly company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron, Wisconsin are fully-integrated paper and pulp mills with approximately 1,000 employees and the capacity to produce 890,000 metric tons of paper annually.
We have opened our US headquarters in Oakbrook Terrace, IL and are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation.
We are currently seeking an experienced Associate Buyer. This role will be responsible for sourcing new suppliers, managing vendor relationships and contracts, and establishing close working relations with mill purchasing managers to best support mill needs. The successful candidate for this position has experience in a Paper Mill, pulp, Manufacturing, Chemicals or commodities and a strong understanding of supply chain management concepts.
- Strategically source and vet new suppliers
- Actively participate in negotiations with the team
- Maintain database of materials and contacts
- Establish strong relationships with the purchasing and technical teams at the mills
- 1+ years of Purchasing experience in packaging, pulp and paper, manufacturing, or related industry preferred
- Ability to be resourceful in finding new suppliers
- SAP experience strongly preferred
- Must be very adaptable in a startup environment
- Ability to be proactive and a self-starter
- Strong negotiation skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and industry standard purchasing system
- Able to thrive in a fast pace environment
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to follow-up
- Experience working with Excel
- Minimum 3.5 GPA
- Bachelor’s degree required