29 Nov Area Maintenance Supervisor/Planners (Old Town, ME)
ND Old Town LLC (Old Town), a wholly owned subsidiary of ND Paper, is a fully integrated northern unbleached softwood kraft market pulp mill, situated on over 100 acres in close proximity to Bangor, Maine’s second largest city. Existing capacity for the mill is 155,000 admt of premium northern softwood kraft; future capacity is targeted at 275,000 admt. The Old Town facility can produce 100% of its energy needs, using mostly green, renewable energy sources.
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. ND Paper is an environmentally sustainable company that manufactures and distributes various types of pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials at its mills in Rumford, Maine, Biron, Wisconsin, Fairmont, West Virginia and our newest facility in Old Town, Maine.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! We are currently seeking two (2) Area Maintenance Supervisor/Planners at our Old Town Mill, responsible for the maintenance and repair of the facility – to cover the Utilities Area, and the Kraft/Pulp areas.
ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation package.
- Lead and supervise a group of Journeyman Mechanics and E/I Technicians to maintain designated areas of the mill (Utilities or Kraft/Pulp areas) with a strong emphasis on safe and clean work practices
- Maintain a daily focus on the safety of self and others; insure that all safety training is accurate and up to date
- Facilitate weekly planning meetings with operational counterparts
- Collaborate closely with operational counterparts for overall efficiency of operation
- Plan routine work orders for mechanical and electrical/instrument maintenance; schedule work completion as required to maintain reliable equipment operation.
- Use SAP management tool to create work plans, bill of materials, document work history, and perform time confirmation.
- Apply and expand new technology and industry learning’s toward the work of equipment and process reliability improvement.
- Assist in the refinement of essential care routes for area mechanics
- Evolve reliability work from reactionary and time based to a condition based maintenance process
- Develop and update detailed shutdown schedules for scheduled outages; assist Maintenance Manager with large shutdown planning and scheduling
- Previous maintenance supervisory and/or planning experience
- Previous maintenance in paper/pulp manufacturing, kraft process and/or boilers a plus
- Candidate must possess the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management.
- Computer literacy in SAP
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills; ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical/instrumentation problems effectively
- Ability to coach and direct employees to meet stated objectives
- Candidate must possess strong organizational, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills, as well as initiative
- Ability to handle multiple time sensitive work projects and issues
- Committed to safety, clean production, continuous improvement and equipment reliability
- Demonstrated skills with SAP, PI-Process Book, and Distributed Control Systems a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent training and/or experience
- Candidate must model ND Paper’s values and achieve results through safe and clean work practices, respect for people, minimal environmental impact, quality and customers first, and social responsibility