19 Dec Accounting Manager (Oakbrook Terrace, IL)
Accounting Manager (Oakbrook Terrace, IL)
ND Paper, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, and a leading paper product manufacturer globally. We are an environmentally-friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. We are proud of our 1,100 dedicated employees, who together produce 1.1 million metric tons of paper annually.
We have opened our US headquarters in Oakbrook Terrace, IL and are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation.
Summary of Position:
The Accounting Manager will report directly to the Controller. The Corporate Accounting Manager will focus on all facets of accounting for business units, and the Corporate office. This includes consolidations, financial reporting and special projects.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage various monthly and quarterly close and consolidations processes, including the recording of consolidating entries and reconciliation of intercompany and subsidiary transactions.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly account analyses and reconciliations for multiple general ledger accounts across entities.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements and other consolidated deliverables in accordance with US GAAP and/or IFRS.
- Lead the process for quarterly reviews and audits, including working with outside auditors on accounting and reporting issues.
- Prepare consolidated schedules to internal and external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, including certain financial statement footnotes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities to improve and standardize accounting processes including the intercompany closing process while not sacrificing the quality of the resulting financial data.
- Build highly collaborative relationships with key stakeholders including tax, treasury and other operational teams.
- Assist in the ongoing development of the Company’s intercompany and other accounting operations related processes, policies, and procedures.
- Clearly articulates and summarizes changes in account or financial statement line items for internal fluctuation reporting.
- Proactively provides observations/recommendations to all levels of management on gaining efficiency in the monthly GL Close process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
- 5 years of professional experience in general ledger accounting
- Standard Cost Accounting Experience
- Exposure in related finance areas such as Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Treasury/Cash, Fixed Assets, Inventory, etc.
- Strong business operations and process improvement experience.
- Strong staff and process management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and collaboratively as part of a team
- Advanced proficiency with SAP and MS Excel
- Demonstrated understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) a plus
- Excellent presentation and communication skills along with the ability to develop relationship across the organization.
- Ability to speak and write in Mandarin a plus